RE: [gtivr6list] Audi TT's Fuel Cap

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Tolliver, Mike wrote:

> Unknown  , but while at the Audi dealer yesterday I found out that the
> engine in the new TT roadster is based off the beetle platform . What does
> that mean

It means that the TT's 1.8 Liter 5 valve per cylinder Turbo engine is
essentially the same one as the New Beetle's 1.8 Liter, 5 valve per
cylinder turbo engine.

They may have modified a few things here and there to get more performance
out of it, but apparently they're essentially the same engine.

-Khan