From: Piecuch, Benjamin HS [mailto:benjamin.piecuch@hs.utc.com]
Sent: July 31, 2000 12:22 PM
To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
Subject: Alternators?

I just lost the Alternator on my '98 GLX.  65k miles, seems a little
premature to me.  Anyways, they quoted my a whopping $440 for
the alternator, $170 for the labor.  Based on my assessment, it looked
like they need to take the front grill off to do this service.  Anyone had
any experience with this work, and what the VR6 alternators typically
cost?  I just didn't feel like spending close to $700 on my car this
week.....  TIA.

					Ben Piecuch