Re: Something's Draining my Battery

>However, when it sits the night or all day at work, it is
> sluggish.  I am planning on getting a new battery tomorrow on my day off.

Ours was doing the same when we changed it for an uprated Interstate about 3
months ago.

> However, since you mentioned that your battery is new, I really couldn't
tell
> you.  What's the voltage of the battery when the car is off?

12.5v.  I thought that the relevance of the 14.2 is that it was getting a
good charge from the alternator?

> One thing I can suggest is if it is
> a very new battery, it probably needs to be cycled a few times

We've had it now for 3/4 months so I fear that is not the issue.

>One weird thing I noticed yesterday was that when I started my car
> after work, it didn't want to crank, but when it did, my clock and trip
computer
> had been reset, as if the battery had been disconnected, but the radio
wasn't
> locked out

Interestingly it did that yesterday as well, concurrently with setting off
the alarm momentarily.