From: Reid Conti [mailto:reid@corradoslc.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 10:32 AM
To: Chadwick, John/COR/INV
Cc: JettaGLX list (E-mail); Vw-Vr6 (E-mail); GTI List (E-mail); Drag-VR6
(E-mail)
Subject: Re: [VW-VR6] raced a new Eclipse

> I was on my way home from work yesterday on Dry Creek here in Denver. On
the
> way home there is no room for opening up the VR6 because you are usually
> behind a ass load of cars. I actually got to stop at a light this time and
> was happy. Then this new (butt ugly) Eclipse pulled up next to me. I
noticed
> it before, temporary tags on it still and some kid driving it. I thought
> nothing of it. Light turns green and I take off normally. He takes off
like
> a bat out of hell and I said, oh no you aren't. I hit it and start to
catch
> him. 2nd gear is even closer. By the end of 2nd gear I'm passing him.
After
> I passed him I decided to slow back down to the speed limit of 40. I was
> going about 65. I let him pass by me and I look over at him and he just
> keeps looking forward. I looked at the back and it was only a new RS. I
> thought it was going to be a GT. Oh well, maybe next time. Anyone know the
> specs on this car?

Specs on new Eclipse: Slow.
Any reasonably quick car can beat it.  I think 0-60 for the GT is 7.2 or
7.4 or something.

- reid

CatalogLink offers hundreds of catalogs for FREE!
Click here to find the latest and greatest in the
world of catalogs - check out our featured Picks of the Week
and also look to enter our $500 catalog shopping spree!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6068/9/_/652355/_/962990915/

For member info, links, the list calendar, and file uploads, click the
following link:

http://www.onelist.com/community/VW-VR6