re: Airbag and ABS Warning Lights On

I can't be much help as to how to solve this, but I've had the same problems.
About a year ago I was driving from NM to Boston, and the ABS light came on for
a while.  I checked all the fluids, etc, but everything looked fine.  After a
while the light stopped coming on.  I would have had it looked at, but I was on
the road and on a pretty tight time schedule (and had already had to have the
power steering pump replaced on the same trip).  The book said that what the
light meant was the ABS might not function, but the brakes would otherwise work
properly.  Once I made it here to Mass, the problem has not happened again, and
all is good.  The ABS works fine.

More recently I've had a problem with the airbag light.  It was flashing on, not
even long enough for me to notice what warning light it was.  Finally it stayed
on long enough, and of course I freaked out, not knowing what the light being on
meant.  I took it to the dealer, and they naturally said that they couldn't find
a problem, the light wasn't on for them, but on the way home it came on again.
I've noticed now that sometimes when it's wet out the light will come on,
sometimes for a long time, sometimes only for a second or two.  I haven't had
the time or inclination yet to track down the faulty wiring.  If you find out
anything that might be the cause of your problems, I'd be curious to know what
it was.

Cab
97glx
72bug(soon to be back on the road!)