RE: Winter tires, where are the stocks ?

At 2:16 PM -0800 1/27/2000, Mike Tolliver (Compaq) wrote:
>Question : How many listers run their stock rims and Dunlap's all year  ,and
>have no performance rims or tires ?

I don't know about you but my 97 Jetta (and all other Jettas that I
know of-- I know not saying much there) came with Eagle GA's. The
Bora Jettas (as opposed to the Vento Jettas) come with Michelin tires.

Anyhow, I currently run the same tires all year (GA's) but I'm going
to an all season tire like the Toyo FZ4s. I'll end up buying some
cheap Kelly Chargers (basically GA's but made by Kelly/Springfield)
and studding those for the winter months. I know someone who works
for Kelly so he can get me the tires cheap.

I'll buy some steel rims for the snow tires and pile them up in my
garage until the winter months. Or maybe I'll wait on that until I
have my new 4 wheel drive car. (VW 4motion? Audi Quattro? Does BMW
even make a 4WD car?)

I like my Jetta but it's a jack of all trades, master of none. i.e.
too small for a five person passenger car, and not a spectacular
sports car either. Regardless, my next car purchase will be a 4WD
sports car (Audi TT 4WD would be cool, hopefully with at least
250hp!) a 4WD sedan (M5 4WD anyone?) or a 4WD SUV (maybe VW/Porsche
will finally have an SUV, or I'll have to go for an X5 or a Cherokee)

OK, now we're really daydreaming...

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax