BOSE Head Unit - Backlit display bulb?

I have a 1997 Jetta GLX with the BOSE CD-changer, and I've noticed that just
yesterday the right half of my head unit's green backlit display window
seems to be burnt out? (the window where the radio station call numbers are
displayed).  Is there any way to fix this?  I've never seen a digital
display dim out like this and it appears that the display window is
symmetrical and may consist of two backlighting "bulbs."  It's been
extremely cold in the northeast and my car sits outside which may have
contributed to this though when the car warms up or the radio has been on
for a while, it doesn't light up.  It isn't terminal though it is a bit
"ugly."  Has anyone seen this?  How can it be fixed if at all?