RE: ABS

Kevin,
You said accelerating.  Does it also happen on braking?  And yes it is quite
annoying.  323's and Pathfinder's ABS (my only other experience) definitely
do not sound like that.  No wonder people back off the brake when the ABS
kicks it!!  Thanks.

Marc
97' Jetta GLX - Red/Black

Let me try to reproduce the sound....BRRRRAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Annoying isn't it?  Mine makes that sound, and according to other owners,
it's normal.  I get it a lot with the Eagle GA tires, when I'm starting to
accelerate from a complete stop and the anti-slip kicks in because those
tires are pathetic in the snow.  You'll get used to it.

Kevin

1998 Jetta GLX - Tornado Red