Superbowl Update & Important Info

Hey all,
We're 9 days away from the event and I wanted to get the motel info out to
some of you. People have contacted me from NY, NJ, CT, PA, RI, VA and
Massachusetts. There's a Best Western located in Massapequa that is approx
10 mins. away from the event location that I've contacted. Seems that the
best rate they could offer us is their business rate of $85 for a room with
two double beds. ($78 for a single room w/king size bed) They made a note in
their computer that the rate is for ClubH2O and should be expected for Sat,
Jan 29th reservations. The phone number for the Best Western is 516 541
2000. I've mentioned this to other people coming from out of state, so act
soon in order to grab a room. I'll try to find a cool place for everyone to
hang out at that Sat night so we can all grab some beers and relax. I've
honestly lost track of how many people are attending this event because I've
been contacted by so many people from the states I mentioned above. All I
know is
that it's going to be a great collection of Volkswagens. Hopefully between
Sat night and Sunday evening, we all will have enjoyed a great night out
together, a great VW event and a great Superbowl. Another item I'd like to
mention is the Dave & Busters event on Feb. 26th & 27th. If you haven't sent
your money in please do so in order to reserve a spot for yourself. Check
out www.clubh2o.com for more details. Remember, the event is Jan 30th, from
10am- 4pm.

Directions for people coming from west of LI: Look for directions to Grand
Central Parkway or Belt Parkway EAST, DO NOT TAKE LIE (495) Once on GCP or
Belt, follow east into Nassau County. Once in Nassau County the name of the
GCP will change to Northern State Parkway and the Belt will change to
Southern State Parkway. (just the name of the parkway changes, no need to
take exit) Continue east on NSP & SSP until you come to exit for Meadowbrook
Parkway South. Take Meadowbrook South and stay in left lane until you come
to Jones Beach. You will know you've reached Jones Beach State Park because
there will be a 200 foot pencil-looking tower in the middle of a traffic
circle. Trust me, you can't miss it. Parking Field #4 will be on the left
side just before the tower, so go to the traffic circle, make a u-turn and
come back to us because there is a median on the highway.....once again,
you'll see what i mean.

Directions for people coming from east of LI: Take whichever parkway you
like to Sunken Meadow Parkway South. Take south until you come to Southern
State Parkway, and take SSP west (stay in far right lane) and take the first
exit which will be Robert Moses Parkway South. (look for signs) Take Robert
Moses south all the way down to the infamous Ocean Parkway west. Take west
to Jones Beach tower and we'll be just on the other side on the right.

If you need additional info, please feel free to e-mail me.
take care,
-FlyinVR6
ICQ : 8994103
AIM : SwiftVR6