RE: Bose? Next

If you tried 3 times unsuccessfully, the HU will not work anymore without a
trip to the dealer. Take it to the dealer so they can either unlock the
code, or, if the stereo is simply defective, have them replace it. Unless
you are over 24k miles, the car is still under warranty and you should not
have to pay a dime.

On the other hand, a new HU will not only solve your problem but greatly
improve sound quality as well. If you decide to order from Crutchfield and
install the unit yourself, make sure you read the K-wire warning for the
wiring harnesses at the gti-vr6 archives (http://www.gti-vr6.net) before you
do anything.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue