check engine light

i went into the dealer the other day and made and appointment for my check
engine light....in the meantime he said make sure that your gas cap was
tightened till you hear the click...he said it was a common problem with the
light coming on...it usually doesnt happen to me when i pump my own gas but i
have been going to full serve these days and i think that is what exaclty
happened...so he says that it goes away after 36 miles....it didnt for me
until i i emptied the gas tank(light came on...i know i usually do not allow
that because of the residue that might affect the engine) and thank god i did
because the light went off!! even though it was like a 100 miles from the
time it went on...thought it might help..

-andy
vento glx silver