From: Ng, Kevin (Bank of America Commercial Finance)
[mailto:kevin.ng@bankofamericacf.com]
Sent: 12 January, 2000 9:08 AM
To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
Subject: RE: H2O in spare tire well

An extra word of caution here--don't let anyone close your trunk!! Most
people I know slam the trunk shut using the top lip, and that's exactly
where the spoiler is on our cars. On my car the trunk takes some effort to
close (how many other cars do you know of that use two hydraulic struts with
the hinge?), and occasionally a person will just slam the lid down by
gripping the spoiler, drastically shortening it's useful (or should I say
*not* useful) life. What I like to use is the little ledge at the bottom of
the license plate, and I try to educate everyone I know to use that area
instead of the spoiler.

If you've been closing the trunk lid using the spoiler method this whole
time, SHAME!

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue