clutch issue... please advise

Hello all,

  hope everyone had a great New Years !!  Mine was woinderful until I started
driving home,( from cape cod, nice roads  :-)).  When I left this morning the
clutch felt kinda funny, but I figured it was my bad driving do to excess
consumprtion all weekend.  As i kept going I noticed a vibration that is new.
 It occurs from idle up to 85 mph, but only with foot lightly on top fifth of
clutch pedal pushed in.  I can describe it similar to the vibration of a back
massager.  Not felt in car as whole, but only through foot when on the
clutch.  I don't know if a spring popped off, or if internally the clutch is
dying?  The car is a 95 jetta vr6 w/ 83,000 miles.  With this mileage I am
not suprised the clutch might be going ( track events, autocrosses, spirited
driving are on it as well)...  I am just curious as to what is happening.
One more thing, the throw out bearing has been making noise for probably
20,000 miles now, but the clutch has worked fine.

When my brothers 88 M3's( sweet car ) clutch went he had a similar symptom,
and barely made it to the shop befor the clutch wouldn't even engage anymore.
 I don't want to get stranded like this.

any help would be great, as I am sure this has happened to some of you
before...

sorry for the length,

please respond in private if you like,

TIA

jeff E.
95 vento VR6  modded....

by the way i checked the GTI-VR6 library and found nothing  :-)