New Tires

I just got new tires for my '97 jetta GLX today.  I
have the stock rims still, and decided to go with the
Toyo Proxes FZ4s.  I know that tires have been a
common topic on the list, so I wanted to add my voice
to the many others who've suggested ditching the GAs
as soon as possible.

One of the biggest problems I've had with my car since
I got it was the lack of traction in rain.  Others
have complained about the same thing.  If the road's
wet, accelerating fast is extremely difficult.  Today
it's raining here, and the improvement in traction is
unbelievable.

I don't know if the tires I got are the best out
there, but compared to the GAs they are incredible.  I
hope the improvement is as great on dry pavement now!!

ROB
'97 GLX