RE: Spring Rates...

Agreed.

> If you cut the stock springs, you do not increase the spring rate.
> You will not reduce brake dive, but you will lower the car. By
> shortening the springs, all you're doing in linear springs is to
> reduce the force required to fully compress the springs.

Not really. I need to clarify my original statement: cutting an *active*
coil from a linear rate spring will increase the spring rate. Cutting a dead
coil (ie a coil already under full compression) will not affect spring rate
because it is already binding with another coil. I don't have the exact
formula on me, but basically the rate of a spring is inversely proportional
to the diameter of each coil times the number of coils, given the same
thickness of each coil. Decrease the number of coils, and the rate goes up,
and vice versa.

Boy I'm really having a field day on this list today! The sad thing is that
I actually still have a lot of work to do (still in the office)...

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue