check engine light

Hey Guys,
While driving to Mailboxes,Etc. this morning, my check engine light came
on.  At first I freaked out that it might be something major, like a bad
sensor or something (equals big money to the dealer).  The light still
is on, so I am somewhat concerned as to what it is.  What could be
causing this problem??  Could it be the cold weather here in the New
York Metro area that is going through.  I checked the gas cap, but I am
going to top the gas off to make sure that could fix it.  Any suggestios
would be really good, I don't want to have to spend 400 or 500 on new
sensors.

Bill Risch
97 GLX "What the hell is this non-blinking check engine light on"
Edition