Driver door power lock problem - repost, sorry

Yesterday my driver's side power lock stopped working.
It was 2:00 in the morning and when I got out of my
car I closed the door and locked it, then I noticed
that the door didn't close all the way so I tried to
bump it closed. This caused the alarm to go off. Since
it was that late at night I frantically tried to unlock
the car to stop the alarm from sounding. In doing so I
turned the key to the right and immediately to the
left, and it felt like I was forcing it, kind of like I
was turning the key against the power lock. After that
the lock stopped working. Now I have to lock/unlock the
car from the passenger side. Has anyone had a similar
experience or does anyone know what might have happened
to the lock? Is there an easy fix for it, maybe a
tripped circuit or is it a dealer job? Any help would
be appreciated.

VWNobby - 97 Jetta GLX - Black