Re: Suspensions

In keeping with the general tone of the thread, I'll pass along my opinion
on my setup. Keep in my mind that I operate out of my car, so 175 miles a
day
is not unusual.

The stock ride was OK, handling needed help. The steel expansion joints
on an
interchange ramp reminded every time I pushed her through that turn with
a very
disconcerting drop of the outboard nose and what I guess others call
'plowing'.

Scared the hell out of me a few times (said ramp is at least 125' up).
New tires fixed some of it. Having had Bilstein's on my Rabbit sold me on
another set. Ordered HD's and got Sports. Hmmm. Installed them anyway and
man o' man what a difference. Understand my perspective; the sport seats
have
big bolsters and are firm. This year has seen me in and out of the
hospital
several times with kidney stones - so I am *sensitive* to jolts and bumps.
(I'm still bruised from the ESWL) The sports report the road surface to
the
driver in intimate detail. You can feel the tires step over most stripes
on the
road. Those strips that make the car growl (the ones before a serious
turn) are
a new sensation with Sports. But...! The handling is nothing short of
amazing.
If I had the time and cash, I'd experiment with HD's and Neuspeed springs.
No lowering, just a tad less stiffness. I had planned on HD's for the
wife's
twin Jetta, but alas, it was killed in an intersection (sorry to ramble).

If you have the standard seats, the Sports might be just what you want.
I'm in the SE, so if you are nearby, we can set up a test ride.

Mike

'99 Jetta WE
'99 Jetta WE (deceased)