From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of Phil Teves
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 3:11 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: ASR

Hello again Folks,

A couple of things need clarification.

First the ASR is the "high speed" (above 30 mph) traction control. it
comes into play when the EDL (Electronic differential Lock) can't
control the wheel spin. The EDL uses the ABS wheel sensors to sense the
slip and applies the brake to the slipping side. The ASR retards the
engine output electronically via the ECU.

There is no way to turn off the traction control so you that can spin
the tires!!!!

The switch for the ASR is to shut off the ASR in deep snow or sand when
the ASR prevents you from moving from a standing stop. Otherwise you
don't shut off the ASR on normal pavement.

-- Regards,

Phil Teves
Internet Sales Consultant/Site Coordinator
ScottVw.Com
Website: http://www.scottvw.com
Forums: http://volkswagen.scottvw.com/vw_forum/
260 Newport Avenue, RT. 1A
East Providence, Rhode Island, USA 02916
E-mail: philteves@worldnet.att.net
Phone (toll free): 1.800.568.5550 extension 106
Phone (local): 1.401.438.5555 extension 106