Re: SWAP MK2 1.8LTS ------------> VR6

I know of a good VW plant in Puebla Mexico-- but generally they put
VR6 engines into A3's only. ;-)

In all seriousness, I found the following resource for you, but it's
in Texas.. maybe you can drive your VW across the border to have it
done?

<http://lipari.usc.edu/~jan/vw/FAQs/VW_Mechanics>

>Motormania VW Repair (Formerly BeetleMania), 10208 FM 620 North, 331-0877
>
>robert@bga.com (Robert Cope):
>I don't really know the history of the place, but these guys (Roger and
>his brother Tom) have been working on my family's VWs for 5 or 6 years now.
>We've never had any problems with their work and they've always seemed to have
>very good turnaround times.  They will work on both air and water cooled VWs
>without asking questions, but I've always had the feeling they prefer air
>cooled machines.  Anyhow, if you have a VW that needs work, I would strongly
>suggest you give them a call and talk to them.
>
>dunham@mpd.tandem.com (Jerry Dunham):
>I have been using Roger of late because he came as highly recommended as
>Mike Boer and is MUCH closer to my house.  While I have not been able to
>give him the nasty test that Mike failed, he has handled everything he's
>gotten from me at reasonable cost and without needing return trips.  I
>have the feeling that he's really a better mechanic than Mike Boer, but
>have no evidence to support this.  I have been considering eventually
>doing an engine swap (to something nonstandard), and Roger is the only
>one I would consider here in Austin (my old mechanic in San Antonio being
>another possibility).

Good luck!

-Khan

--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax