RE: to bridget reilly

Khan sez>
Jetta:
> Bumper to Bumper:	24,000 miles/2 years.
> Drivetrain:		100,000 miles/10 years
> Emmissions Warranty:	(covered under Bumper-Bumper)

Hyundai:
> Bumper to Bumper:	60,000 miles/5 years.
> Drivetrain:		100,000 miles/10 years
> Emissions Warranty:	80,000 miles/8 years

A couple of minor additions:

For the Jetta, the drivetrain warranty is only 10/100 for first owner.
Subsequent owners get half.  I don't know if Hyundai does the same.

The emmissions warranty is federally mandated at 50,000 miles, regardless
of yrs for all cars sold in the US (since a certain date, which I don't
know), which makes the Hyundai warranty at 80,000 miles a better warranty
unless VW warrants emmissions with their drivetrain warranty, and
then its only better for the first owner.

The parts most concerned with the above are the O2 sensors and the
catalytic converter which are not part of the drivetrain, have limited
useful lives (on par with a clutch) and are fairly expensive to replace.

Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
1998 VW Jetta GLX