From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of Chris Mooney
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 10:59 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: 2000 GLS VR6 ( ASR )

    2000 Jetta GLS VR6 owners please help.  I am wondering how the ASR
is suppose to work.  When I press the ASR button and the yellow light
comes on it's suppose to shut the ASR function off.  At least this is my
understanding of it.  I have read about it in the manual and spoken with
the dealer.  Now I am trying to determine if what my car is doing is
normal.  When I press this button I should be able to turn the tires
over right?  Instead the load is distributed over both wheels and the
light in the dash flickers until it turns off.  The result is no more
then a squeak from the tires.  Now, I like this feature and all but I
can't turn my tires over.  The car is no more then two and a half weeks
old.  So If this is not the standard behavior for the ASR toggle please
let me know.  It appears as though the car does the same thing in either
position.  Please 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 owners turn the ASR off and try to
peel out... Does it work?  If so my ASR switch is broken.

Best Regards,
Chris Mooney