Re: squeaks and rattles

Rob,

Don't get the tape. I did, and it was a smooth cellophane stuff that looked
as though it wouldn't work. And it didn't. My advice to you might be a tad
more expensive, but beneficial nonetheless. Go to a craft store (or even
Walmart) and buy a bunch of self-adhesive velcro strips (available in 4"
strips or larger rolls). Use the softer part, and apply it (a little warmed
up) to the part of the door that is contacting the weatherstripping. Make
sure it's clean (obviously). All you need to do is apply the strip right
along the edge of the inside of the door - make sure you go along the entire
edge, including where the front doors contact the windshield frame, and
where the rear doors contact the back of the car.

Another squeak in my car came from the door panels rubbing against the dash
assembly. Again, fixed by self-adhesive velcro. The last 'trim' squeak was
from the door panels rubbing against the metal of the door to which they
were attached. Again, placing velcro on the door removed the irritating
noise. I like my car to be quiet. That's why I'm hunting an M3 or a 5 Series
BMW.

Dave