squeaks and rattles

I spent a few minutes today trying to isolate some of
the annoying squeaks and rattles that my '97 Jetta has
developed lately.  I tightened a few things and spent
some time trying to find others ways to eliminate
squeaks.

One of the most annoying comes from around the doors.
I remember someone a while back talking about some
kind of tape that could be put inside the door frame
where the rubber door gaskets hit and prevent squeaks.
 I think they said it was called isolation tape.
Where can I get some? Does it work?  Has anyone else
got any advice to help me make my car quieter?

TIA,

ROB
'97 GLX
too noisy edition