Power window problems

I have a 95 GLX and so the story begins....

The front passenger window crapped out the other week. For a while I could
still control it from the drivers side but then it became intermittent and
then failed totally. I found the up/down button stopped clicking on the up
portion of the switch. I decided to trade front and rear switches today as
a temp fix till I find one at the wrecking yards.

Well the switch fits but still no power to the front window . I can still
close the rear window from the centre console with the broken switch
installed.

Does anyone know if there is a relay / fuse that may have been blown ? What
else could be stopping the window from working ? I pulled back the
accordion rubber by the door and the wires look intact (learned that from
the other rear window failure)

Should I pull the rear window switch in case it causes the rear motor to
screw up as well (if this is the case ) ? Do Jetta's have relays like the
Japanese cars that shut off for 30 seconds if the switch gets jammed
up/down ?

Thanks !!!

Alexxi