Polishing Intake Manifold Runners...

Hi,

I really want to polish my VR6's intake manifold runners to
a nice mirror-like shine.  I remember either someone mentioning,
or reading somewhere that the grit-like finish on our manifold
runners were made that way to dissipate heat better.  Is this
true?  And will this affect the temperature of air within the
manifold (i.e. make it hotter)?

I really like the polished look, but I don't want to lose any
performance in order to gain that look.  If it really is not
recommended, then I will not do perform this mod.

Any comments on this matter?  Especially from the folks who have
done this to their beloved VR6's.

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6