Disabling ABS (maybe it's my GA's)

I too have autocrossed quite a bit.  When I asked the question about
disabling the ABS it was after making one "test" run with my GLX a couple
of seasons ago.  At the time I was racing a Miata and a 1st gen RX-7.  Both
are gone now and I'm getting bitten by the autocross bug again.

I didn't like the way the ABS felt under hard braking.  But I admit, maybe
they were telling me something.  After racing a BFG R-1 tired RX-7 and
jumping in my new GLX I might have been pushing it too hard entering the
corners.  I don't like the stock GA's.  Maybe if I get new sticker (non-R
compound) tires next season, I won't be hitting the ABS as much.

I will try Bob's idea of pulling the relay though.  The Jetta has a bad
push entering (like most FWD drivers) so maybe it will help on a low speed
tight course.  I'll have to try it (not at high speed!).

Thanks for all the input.  Sure wish I could road race the car
economically.  That is its real fort

email: mitchman@owt.com
website: http://www.owt.com/users/mitchman/