From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of chris collier
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 9:19 AM
To: Digest, jetta glx; Listserver, gti-vr6
Subject: Morning Commute $$$$$$$$$$

Dear Lists,

Yesterday morning, and what is turning out to be an expensive morning to
get to work, a foreign object decided it would like to meet the front
end of my car.

I am not going to go into the blow-by-blow of what happen, I think that
i will go straight to the facts.

A piece of "X" came flying off the highway in front of me and hit the
front of my car. BIB BIG thud!!!!!!!!!

First thought.....................HEADLIGHT!!!!!!!! $$$
Second thought.................Front lip of hood $$$$
Third thought.....................Just loud,  no damage (fingers crossed
at this point)

I was going to wait until I was out of traffic to asses the damage.
While continuing to drive I noticed the reflection of BOTH of my
headlights on the Explorer in front of me.  COOL rule out my first
thought.................-$$$

As I pulled to the side of the road, I walked around the front of my
car, and low and behold, rule out Second Thought (and there was much
rejoicing, but wait..............)

Rule out Third Thought,(and a hush comes over the crowd)

Fourth Thought, which has become the First Realization: worse than any
of the previous thoughts.................

Piece of "X" hit the front bumper, cracked the paint in several places,
gouged the plastic bumper cover, then went through the grill (destroying
it), then went through the AC condenser(destroying it), then stopped at
the radiator.............................

OOPS, the scenario just got worse, quick................

So what now was a morning commute, has become very

Now to my question, does anyone have any experience with replacing the
AC condenser core on our cars?
Is the AC condenser core on our cars the same as on ALL A3's?

I now have to replace my front bumper cover, the front grill, and the AC
condenser core

thanks,

chris
collier@iglou.com