Understeer problems

I am having problems with some understeer. I have stock suspension, and
wheels. I have been noticing after I start to shift after a red light, or at
a stop, the steering wheel to give to the left or right. If I lightly hold
onto the wheel, the car gives a lot more than holding the steering wheel
tighter.
Would any type of suspension get rid of this at all? Or any type of strut,
or sway bars help? I don't really need a suspension yet, since my car is a
98 with only 16,000 miles on it.

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef