Re: My move to WA state

Portland Oregon resident (and former Washington resident) here...I always
enjoy the road that goes from I-5 to the northern face of Mt. St. Helens.
It's been recently paved and it totally kicks my ass (unless you get
stuck behind some sight-seeing family truckster ;-). Also, watch out for
the Park Rangers!

Also, the road that runs up the coast of the sound between Skagit county
and Bellingham (about an hour north of Seattle). It's called Chuckanut
Drive. If you are heading north, it starts out flat and straight as an
arrow. Suddenly it climbs into the mountains right along the coast - has
lots of yummy (and dangerous) curves. Ends up in a suburb of Bellingham
called Fairhaven. You can grab some lunch there before you head back!

Good luck, and welcome to Washington!

Chuck Van Pelt