Rack+Pinion+Strut Mounts

Hey guys and girls...

Went to the alignment shop today to have my beast aligned, and got some awful
news.  First off, they get the car up on the rack, then they look underneath,
just to find that the boot around the rack and pinion on the passenger side
is ripped, and there is fluid around it.  So the rack and pinion is bad and
they are saying that it needs to be replaced at a cost of 399.00 for the
part, and another 150 for labor....great...   Then they said also that my
front strut mounts are also bad, and they can replace those for 49.99 ea plus
install which total with everything comes to 812 bucks!!  Oh my god!!

Does anyone know where I can get any of these things, like the rack and
pinion, and or get mine rebuilt?   And a price on the part, if possible.

thanks!
Matt
95 Jetta GLX "Not gunna turn much longer" edition