GT2 Release date (kinda long)

Hey listers,
    Ryno here.  I did a little more checking to see if I could answer my own
question about a GT2 release date, and found so much stuff about the game
that I almost went nuts.  Here's the skinny....

Gran Turismo 2 comes out on Dec. 7, 1999.  Get your checkbooks ready.

    I've seen a lot of screen shots, and they look absolutely fantastic.  I
guess we should expect no less, considering the first game.  The car list
tops out at well over four hundred cars.  No kidding.  There are all of the
old manufacturers, with a few more models for us to play with, but on top of
that, Ford, Lotus, RUF (Porsche, anyone?), Daimler-Benz, BMW, Audi, GM, and
of course, VW, are all available.  There are a bunch more dealers in the
game, but I can't remember 'em all.

    One downpoint...no Jetta.  There's a few Golfs, maybe a Passat, a Lupo,
and a Polo, all of which look like a lot of fun.  Audi's got a whole host of
cars, Ford's got their Euro line as well as the new Focus, and a few others.
Interesting new twist.  A LOT more old musclecars.  I'm not sure if they can
be tuned or not, but they sure look like a lot of fun.

    New tracks are all over the place, including Pike's Peak.  I think there
are about a dozen new ones, all tolled.  The old tracks we're all familiar
with are there too.

    And one more interesting thing that I saw.  There will be a playable
demo included in one of the gaming magazines.  I'm not sure which one, but
it's scheduled to come out around Nov. 10 or something.

    Anyway, that's my shpiel.  I saw all this stuff, and started drooling.
The only problem with the fact that it comes out in another month is that my
end of semester finals start about three days later!  Of all the rotten
luck...

Take care,
Ryan