Oil, Sound, and Badges!

I posted this on vwvortex.com as well...

a) I have seen some mention of the Monsoon sound system in the 2000 Jetta's
not being very high quality? From reading the information at
http://www.monsoonpower.com/jetta.html it seems they have a decent setup
with a 200w amp. I am happy with the way my new Santana cd sounds in my
nifty new GLX, but I am wondering what causes people to think it's not
great?

b) This free scheduled maintenance deal...don't quite get it. They say I
need my first oil change at 5k miles. (I thought 1500 was more like it) and
then every 10k miles after that. Is this VW's way of avoiding 2/3rds of the
required oil changes? Shouldn't this be considered illegal business
practices if that's the case?

c) Where is a good online selection of VW related badges and what is
involved in adding/changing from the originals?