RE: Steve Belt - Supercharged

Steve,

Scottsdalian, eh? Love that place.

You asked before about (and mentioned again) your intent to boost the VR6. I
haven't done it yet, but if I do eventually decide to keep this instead of
moving to a big brother (2.8 A4 or 3-Series), I will be getting the
supercharger. I have heard with only 8lbs. of boost, the increase in output
was 100hp. I personally favor mechanical Forced induction over Turbo, simply
because no modifications need to be made to the exhaust manifold. A higher
flowing exhaust would help, of course, but nothing needs to be done to the
immediate system. Also, the Kompressor fits in the bay beautifully, and not
a lot needs to be done under the hood, although it IS a 10hr install.
Besides, no worries  with spool up, although I hear the turbos installed on
VR6s ain't half bad.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the company that does it...
Anyone?

DJBergesen
Tucson, AZ (not for long)