RE: OEM CD changer installation.........HELP! (long)

Well, Christopher, thanks for the observation :) I had to delete it in this
reply so as not to clog bandwidth.

The changer would be a VW OEM changer.  So everything should fit where it is
supposed to.  I didn't mention in my original post that my ride is the 2000
Jetta.  There is a compartment in the trunk on the driver's side
specifically for the changer (VW's changer).  So all those drilling should
not be necessary - which is why I am going for the VW changer in the first
place.

Although an aftermarket changer would have more features and functions but
if I stick with the factory radio, all that is moot unless I go with a new
head unit.  So, VW changer I go. :)