Idle problems

'87 Jetta GL back again.  I had been told about a month ago that I had a
clogged catalytic converter which was pushing exhaust back into the engine,
a bad fuel pump, dirty fuel filter, and I needed my throttle plates cleaned,
also need a water pump.

Just recently, my car has not been wanting to start.  It will try, but won't
get the gas or something.  Once I get it started, it takes about 10 minutes
to continue running when I stop at a red light or stop sign.  It will dip
down in the RPM's, but will regain, and then dip, regain, etc.  But
nonetheless, it will stay running.  This can't be good for my car.  What do
you think it is?  I want a quick fix, and I don't have the money to get all
of those things replaced right now.  So I'd like to have taken care of
whatever will make my car run smoothely right now.  Someone please help me
out here.  Thanks.

TJ
'87 Jetta GL

On the road of life, there are passengers, and there are drivers.  Drivers wanted.
     - Volkswagen of America
FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com