Re: stalling and hesitation revisited

Tom wrote in response to :
>>Have you contacted Potterman? He might be able to help on the cost of the
>>coil pack. I have not really followed your problem too much...but I have
>>been having the same prob on my '95....it has since stopped over the past
>>week. Going to replace the plugs and wires this weekend though hoping the
>>hesitation does not come back....good luck!
>
>Doug, thanks for the advice. How about it, Mr. Jetta List Guy from
>Potterman's? What's your cost for an ignition coil for a 1995 JettaGLX?

I am going through this pain as we speak although my problem is only when
wet and very intermittent.  Potterman can get them for $250 with a couple
day
lead time to him and then shipping out.  I also got some advise from a
Master VW
Tech.  Check the coil pack for corrosion on the power stage unit.  Remove
the coil
pack from the car (four allen bolts).  The power supply wire harness, is
routed
under two plastic clips on the coil pack and of course the harness port.
Remove the
harness and the clips.  The clips are part of a cover.  Remove it.  You will
see four
electrical connections.  If there is any corrosion, this could be your
problem.  Clean
with an electrical connection cleaner (ie. wurth was recommended).  This was
not a
problem for me though.  I am still diagnosing it.  By the way mine is a 97
GLX.

-Warren