Re: clutch question

It's fine.  In fact, some type of cars have a sensor in the clutch
mechanism, so that you MUST have the clutch fully depressed before the
starter will turn over.  This is a safety measure more than anything.  My
mechanic's opinion is that depressing the clutch whilst starting just means
that much less stuff for the starter to turn when starting your engine,
thereby giving your starter a bit more life.

Sundie....