Re: Tell me your Jamex experiences...

I have had the Jamex kit on my Jetta GLX.  Well, had the whole sportsline
kit.  When I first got it, it lowered the car at least a good 2 inches, rode
nice,handled decent...and then about a month after, the car started to sag a
bit and the handling got worse.  Another month later, the rear shock blew on
me for no apparent reason.

The old addage that says "you get what you pay for" is true in this case.  I
guess it all depends on perspective and what you are after.  At first, I was
looking to get the kit to lower the car a lot and maintain near stock ride
(it claims 15% stiffer).  As time went on, I thought to myself that I wanted
more performance.

Right now, I have the Jamex struts still, and Eibach springs.  It handles
very well, with my rear stress and sway bar and upper strut bar.  But I WILL
be upgrading the shocks as soon as money allows.

My advice is to steer clear of the Jamex, save up a bit more money, and buy
eibach springs and some Koni or Bilstein shocks, it will save you a headache
in the long run..

Matt
95 Vento "Jamex alumni" edition