I smoked a Eclipse GSX (story)...

sorry guys, but I just have to brag about this one...

I'm a college student and go to school out of state, but I still live with my
parents during the summer.  My dad has a 95 Eclipse GSX (AWD turbo) that he's
had since it was new.  I got my '97 GLX at the end of last summer, so I only
had it at home for a week before I left.  This last week is the first time my
dad's really seen much of the car.  He knew it was a fast car, but he didnt'
think I'd have a chance against his car...

Well, to make a long story short, I was driving my car home at night and my
dad and my 16 yr old brother were in his car next to me the whole way.  My
dad's usually a pretty conservative driver (he is a 47 year old lawyer), but
he still has a little competitive spirit.  Anyway, I was at a red light next
to him and he started revving his engine, surely being encouraged by my crazy
16 yr old brother.  When the light turned green, I let him have it and left
him yards behind.  I totally smoked him.  I had my cell phone with me and so
did he, so he called me right away and told me it was unfair because he
didnt' launch his car hard.  He didnt' think he'd have to.

We decided to race again.  The next red light, we both revved our engines and
stared each other down.  The light turned green.  I got a great start, and my
tires squealed as my car lurched forward.  I hit about 7000 RPM and quickly
shifted into 2nd.  My tires chirped again as the car pushed further ahead.  I
looked in my side view mirror and saw him behind me.  At about 65 he was at
least a car length behind.  I slowed down and called him to gloat.

He wanted to go again.  Same story, at about 6000 RPMs in first gear he was
already about 1/2 car length behind.  Unfortunately, I missed my shift into
2nd this time, and he pulled ahead, but we both knew that I would've beaten
him again.

I think the reason was he had my brother in the car with him and that extra
weight gave me the edge I needed.  It was great though!  We can't tell my
mom, she'd be pissed at both of us for racing, but there is plenty of talk
going on between the boyz!

My car is still stock, but now that my 24K warrantee's over, I'm gonna' get a
Garret chip and a K&N drop in this summer.  Then I'll REALLY smoke him!!

ROB
'97 GLX