Intake & Hesitation

Uh, HOLY RESTRICTIVE INTAKE, BATMAN!!
    I just got done working on the People's Car, and all I can say is whoa!
When I took the airbox top off to remove the pre-screen I was not really
surprised at how gummed up it was, I had sort of expected it, and needless
to say, that came out. I also wrestled with the damned resonator cone for
about 15 minutes before I decided to shred it and pull it out in pieces. I
HATE diffusers in intake systems! I guess it's good to keep the engine a bit
quieter, but DAMN! Unfortunately, my K&N wasn't in yet, that'll happen on
Tuesday, but two things I noticed: My idle is much smoother and consistent
at about 600rpm, instead of rough and between 640-700. I didn't really go
WOT, so I'm not sure if the hesitation is gone from 2nd gear, but the
engine's deep snarl is now a good, loud growl. Pleased so far.

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net
96 Jetta GLX VR6  "V WAFFE"