RE: Roof Rack (Bike)

The item that you are referring to is called a "FAIRING".  I have one on my
car and it does cut down on the highway noise.  You can find this at most
bike shops.  The one I have is from Thule and the product number is #555.  I
bought mine last year for around $45 dollars.  I hope this helps.

Franklin