RE: New Dimension Exhaust Experiences

I believe the original respondent did not realize that you were asking
about the ND exhaust (only mentioned in the subject line). Cab thought
you were asking about the stock exhaust.

Stock: the "suitcase" is a resonator, as is the tubular deal after the
cat. It all ends at the muffler.

ND: has two mufflers, a smaller one as a resonator and the main one as a
muffler.

As far as taking out the first muffler on the ND, I dunno. I wouldn't
recommend it, and it will *certainly* be LOUD.

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6

>Ok let me get this straight. The Larger Muffler connected to the Exhaust
tip is the Resonator, while the smaller one IS the muffler?<

>> Actually, The smallest (or rearmost) muffler is the primary one.
The gigantic fuel-tank sized one between the muffler and the cat
(in middle of the car mounted transversely) is just a resonator.

If you chuck the rear muffler the car will get loud.
If you chuck the resonator, the car will get a nice bass rumble.

Most aftermarket kits eliminate the middle resonator and put a good
glass-pack or performance flow muffler in place of the primary.<<