Re: Airbag light is on

John,

     Bad news and good news.  The same thing happened to me at about 48k
mi.  The airbag light came on.  I went to the dealer, and at first they
diagnosed it as a failure in the warning light module.  Cost: ~ $70
parts and labor.  When they put the new module in, it still didn't fix
the problem.  It turned out that the airbag sensor itself (what actually
deploys the airbag) was broken.  Cost: > $550 parts and labor!!
Hopefully, your problem is your warning light.  If not, all I can say is
that I feel your pain.

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech
Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads, BBS RZ-II

1998 Green Trek 930 ATB -- Rock Shox Indy C fork, Blackburn rear rack

http://www.princeton.edu/~ericwang