RE: door locks

I don't know, but it works like that on my 95 GLX. If I am in the car and
push the "lock knob" down, all the other doors will lock. I put my arm on
the window alot, so this happens to me when I put my elbow on the know
accidently.

I don't know what changed from the 95 to the 98. There might be something
electrically that keeps that from happening. I know that in event of an
airbag discharge, all the locks are automatically supposed to unlock. There
might be a  connection there thats preventing that particular knob from
working.

Hope this helps
-Cab