RE: cooling system capacity

Yes, the capacity also needs to include what is in the block passages and
lines to/from heater and the oil/water preheat exchanger...

a proper flush is when you drop the lower hose from the radiator, then flush
water through the radiator from the top hose, and then flush water through
the block from the top hose, you might have to pull your thermostat to let
it drain all the way....

Hope this helps...
-Cab