cooling system capacity

Anyone know what the "official" cooling system capacity for a VR6 engine is?

I managed to do a long overdue coolant flush over the weekend using the
"unplug recycle hose from coolant resevoir, drain, and run water through the
resevoir until it turns clear" method posted a few weeks back. When flushed,
I dumped in a gallon of distilled water and topped off with about 2 quarts
of G11. When I checked the Bentley manual afterwards, capacity is listed as
10 liters (2.64 gallons). If I'm supposed to mix 50/50 water/coolant,
Bentley is saying I should have put 5 liters (5.28 qts) in.

So, is the capacity *really* 10 liters, or is this another one of those
Bentley misprints? I remember looking at the capacities for the 2.0 liter
engines and being surprised that it was about half that of the VR6.

BTW, the stuff I drained out was revolting. The color reminded me of raw
sewage.

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue "teeny bit worried" edition