FW: Easy way to disable DRLs

Jeff:

I'm forwarding you an old message from the list that showed a real easy way
to disable the DRLs. I tried it and it worked very well. [see original
message from Bryan Purdy below]

Then, I went a step further. My wife believes in DRLs so I wanted to have
them come on automatically when you start the car, like when she's driving,
but be able to disable them manually. I used a small DPDT relay and wired up
a simple circuit to allow me to push a hidden button to turn off the DRLs.
The relay locks on, keeping the DRLs off, and also lights a small reminder
LED which I recessed in the air vent on the driver's side so only the driver
sees it. When you turn off the car, the relay re-sets. Basically, all I'm
doing is switching the little YELLOW wire (wire # 15) on the back of the
light switch. It works great! I can have the DRLs off if I choose to and my
wife can never say "someone pulled out in front of me because you had the
damn DRLs disabled."

Brian Wanamaker
98 GLX