VW Battle Kit (WAS:Re: [gti-vr6] Finally a little progress with the tranmission!)

You know, this calls for a "Voided Warranty Battle Kit".  Perhaps
letters, documentation, pictures, testimonials, serial numbers, part
numbers, advice (do this, don't do this), etc. all put together for
those of us that have to follow in Josh's foot steps.

Like many others I would imagine, I am less technical wrt transmission
internals, etc so it would be nice to have this resource to help fight
the dealer and regional service managers on this.

Should this happen to my car (touch wood) I would gladly pay for a
such a kit.

> > > So, to sum it up, it's gonna get fixed on VW's dime.
> >
> > Get it in writing.  Write it up yourself if you have to, but get
> > them to sign it, and use the right nomenclature, perhaps even
> > the part numbers.
>
> Yup. I'm gonna have it written today or tomorrow, reviewed by an
attorney
> and signed when I drop the car off.

----
Jeff Newton