Re: Discolored Window Trim

<< Black Chrome >> I used Black Chrome on all the black parts of my '87 and
my '95 and it worked well.  If the fading is advanced (like it was on the
'87) it will take alot of coats to get it back to black, then maintenance
coats after that whenever it rains or gets wet.

There is a product I now use called "Duragloss 271 Rubber Bumper and Flat
Black Dressing" and it seriously works /EXTREMELY/ well. It doesn't take as
many coats or need to be applied as often. It's water resistant; the black
stays black and glossy through alot of washings and rain storms without
needing extra applications.  I am very impressed, especially on the running
board. I get it from my local specialty car cosmotology store (you know,
deals only in after market car hook-up gear). I used it on the '87s black
bumper and it kept it black like nothing else I've used. They also make a
leather shampoo that works well.

A question though: A guy told me that using these black dressings can hurt
your paint because it runs over onto the paint and makes it bubble up.  Has
anyone heard of this???

Angie and "Fernando" the '95 GLX